Yesterday, the Dig-It! Games™ team attended (and proudly sponsored!) the 2014 Education Technology Innovation Summit in Baltimore, MD. It was a day of panels, and speakers, and learning—with some wonderful educators and edtech leaders.
Here are five key takeaways from this year’s summit:
1. Online courses are quickly growing in popularity as a way to learn.
2. One of the best ways to engage students in content is through a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone.
3. Blended learning stems from a desire to personalize instruction and to give students access to information.
4. Teachers are innovative—(wait, we knew that!)—and they’re looking to collaborate.
5. Nothing beats seeing the Dig-It! Games logo as a “Hello, and Welcome!” moment.